Blog Archive

Saturday 26 March 2011

Alf is eighty

My dad is 80 years young on the 26 March - here he is (in the middle of the shot) on an outing with my mum Mary, brother Gregory, Aunty Margaret and her son Andy. Dad was in his  mid 20's when this tiny snap was taken. My Dad has been such a big influence on my creative life - Bringing me into the world above a painting and decorating shop,enthusiastically praising my doodles, encouraging me to watch "MasterMind" and read "It Pays to Improve Your Word Power" (Readers Digest Journal 1970's feature). Alf introduced me to the joys of being affable, mixing paint and market trading -  skills that I try to employ to this day - Happy Birthday Alfred!


                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment