Blog Archive

Sunday 6 November 2011

Creative Inspiration - Texture



I seldon take a camera out with me - but just lately I have seen some great posts on the blogs I read based around photographic observation - the light can be just wonderful this time of year for observing colour texture and form. 


A few weeks ago I bunked off my domestic chores grabbed my camera and went to West Kirby to take a walk on the beach in the direction of Hoylake. It was a really sunny day and I got interested in some railway sleepers that had been used to create a "sea wall" protecting one of the beachfront houses - and then I found some drift wood. 


In my print making I find that colour and form are often the dominant themes -  but sometimes it can be all about texture. - Keeping a library of textures is on my list of stuff to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment