Blog Archive

Thursday 9 February 2012

All Change

This is an image of the 50 plus vinyl plates I have carved since I re-discovered printmaking in December 2009. I am working on a re-brand of my web page and online profile as part of preparing for the solo exhibition in Truro in April -  As usual I have been busy at home and work - I thought I could get away just tweeking things a little. Nothing is that simple! - Now I am plunging into a whole new concept thanks to great suggestions made by freelance designer Matthew Duddington. He is full of energy and  put forward ideas for interesting new approaches. He has managed to coax me into trying out a different direction.   Initially I felt really out of my depth and uncomfortable about the change because I tend to take the path of least resistance (creature of habit!). Now I have to say I am really looking forward to seeing how it will all look when it is finished and I am glad that I have been open to trying something new!

4 comments:

  1. It is incredible seeing all this work put together like this. I wonder how many hours work went into it?

    Good luck with your new venture. We never know how things will work out unless we try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bella - i should try and work it out - it has certainly been diverting. I know I dont seem to be watching much TV in the evenings these days!

      Delete
  2. The plates look lovely all together, they look like tiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe - thanks for the comment, I would like to try and make casts of them or something like that maybe with plaster coloured with pigment I might give it a go.

      Delete