Blog Archive

Thursday 12 July 2012

Mini Print Exhibition 2012

This is the poster design for the mini print exhibition which was an ambitious project that I co-ordinated in June 2012 featuring artwork by staff and students of the faculty of arts media and design at Staffordshire University. The exhibtion was part of a number of events staged as part of Fringe Fest 2012. Over 38 faculty members exhibited 84 framed  prints using a variety of techniques including photographic, digital, relief, letterpress, silkscreen and potato prints.  

I used Facebook and Twitter to successfully  promote the event and it proved to be very popular with visitors and faculty members. I think you have to be quite careful not to bombard people with too much social media about an event as it can become tedious -  I tried to post up images from the show every couple of days running up to and during the event to stimulate interest. 

This poster was created using a programme called  InDesign assisted by Matthew Duddington. I feel it really represents the diversity of the work submitted by the faculty members and plan to put it up on the wall of my new office when I eventually get in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment