Blog Archive

Saturday 1 September 2012

Exhibition submissions & competitions


Even though I am mostly working in the kitchen and still haven't got around to sorting a garden room I try and look for exhibition opportunities and competitions for any work that I produce mainly using Twitter and following relevant accounts. A great source of opportunity can be local regional art galleries which often have open submissions. Fees to enter are generally kept low. On that basis it's worth a punt - as its silly to produce stuff and not try and get it shown - it all adds to your experience. Here are a couple of things I am entering today for the Wirral Society of Arts Open at the Williamson Art Gallery. Better get a move on submissions close in a couple of hours - why do I always leave things to the last minute?

2 comments:

  1. I, too, like to keep an eye out for local open art shows but nearly always leave things to the last minute. Maybe there is a touch of 'working better under pressure' about it?

    Good luck with the latest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bella, managed to get them in with about an hour to spare its always the framing that seems so complicated - then came home made myself a cup of tea and failed to do the dishes that had started piling up in the sink. I suppose it's an occupational hazard of working in the kitchen. Will post if I get them in. L :-)

    ReplyDelete