Blog Archive

Thursday 31 January 2013

Wrexham Print International 2013 - My Submission


With just two hours to spare I submitted four prints via email to the 2013 Wrexham Print International. When entering anything, applying for anything or just generally trying to get myself out there its sensible to assume that if I think something will take 6 hours - I should triple that! By the time I have faffed around tweaking my work and my (1 page)  c.v for the umpteenth time and photographed, scanned, compressed and re- named my images "my how the time does fly" - cooked dinner for two hungry boys - intervened on a scrap over a football I really have "taken it to the wire."
The hardest part of the whole process was deciding which prints to submit.  I opted for these Oyster Catcher Series because they are recent and represent a real technical and creative leap  - number of colours printed (5) and also the paper - exquisite hand made Khadi. 

1 comment: