Blog Archive

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Ten colour separations

Just finished my first ever large 10 colour relief print on Thai Three Flakes Paper. It was a new challenge. One of the advantages of working from home is that as each colour dries I could get on with neglected domestic chores - I averaged about two colours a day - it has made me recollect the time I started printing in December 2009.  For several years  I worked on one or two colours striving to perfect that.  In summer 2011 I made my first three colour mini prints and worked for a year on that. In 2013 I did my first 5 colour print. Now I am starting to have ambitions to work in multiple colours to produce larger prints. Printing is such a satisfying and intriguing process, you make a mistake and it sets you off in a totally new direction. It brings together the technical and creative. It demonstrates two of my favourite things -  art and design. 
                                                  

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment