Blog Archive

Monday 6 December 2010

Animation

I really enjoy my part time role as a lecturer in animation within the School of Arts Media and Design at Staffordshire University. Working in this environment has acted as a creative catalyst for me. I have been curious to see how computer software could be used to explored to rig and animate my prints. I had already started to use Photoshop to isolate key elements.


I approached Annabelle Morley, a third year animation student. She struck me as someone who genuinely enjoys the challenge of bringing characters to life and making their movement believable. In Summer 2010 I commissioned Annabelle to create some animated cycles using a couple of the relief print designs:- “1 Bird In Flight” (which I wanted to see as a flock!) and Four Sail Boats. See the results below!



Flock of Birds from Annabelle Morley on Vimeo.


Boats from Annabelle Morley on Vimeo.


Blue Bird Flying from Annabelle Morley on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment