Blog Archive

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Merry Christmas

I would like to wish all my friends, family and colleagues a very merry christmas and a happy and healthy 2011!
In between my teaching and juggling the family I am still shoe horning in printing time at night. Relief Print design number thirty two is entitled "Festive Dog on Wheels" a christmas card. It features a dog on wheels that I bought in an antique market in St Ives about fifteen years ago. This is the first print I have produced in about six weeks - I have been really busy attending local events to sell my work. Setting up stalls has provided a fantastic opportunity to engage with people and to test market ideas.
When the laurawestonart shop launches in 2011 I will feature some of my most popular designs as applied art - currently in the pipeline are :- A Festival Bunting Jute shopping bag, Acrylic and wooden brooches including Birds, Flowers and Seahorses and a range of Note card designs. I enjoyed the creative diversion of thinking up ways to translate my prints into other things - but now its time to get back to the printing! I am still aiming to create 45 designs in one year and 30 december is my deadline.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment