Blog Archive

Thursday 17 March 2011

Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Entry 2011

I decided on my first entry to the R A Summer Exhibition Print Room - “Strawberries and Anemones.” – The subjects in question were purchased at Hayle Car boot sale in Cornwall in 2009 and started out as ink and wash drawings that kicked around for ages before being made into a single colour print in 2010.

Facts about the exhibition:-

• I might not get in.
• It cost 25 UK pounds for 1 entry. Info at: www.royalacademy.org.uk
• Average of 12,000 entries are received - approx 1200 selected for exhibition.
• 200,000 average visitor numbers over a three month exhibition period (heaving foot fall)


Facts about this print:-
• It has a 1 in 10 chance of selection (possibly odds longer if you have not exhibited at the RA before.)
• April and Toby have one hanging in their new kitchen (hi April!)
• I have history with Anemones - I had a home made bouquet of them which I purchased on the morning of my wedding from a man with a bucket standing outside the Midland Bank in St Ives in November 1999 – right place right time!
• The companion image to this print is “Figs and Lilies”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment