Blog Archive

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Quick Print Foam

Tuesday 24 may - just spent an enjoyable hour in my son Max's school showing his class my designs and how to create a relief print. We used a product called Quick Print Foam which is available at art shops. A single A4 sheet will cost about £1 - you can also use the foam they package pizza with.  You can buy 15 large sheets for £10.00 online at places like www.artsaver.com.  I pre - cut the foam into four inch squares and each child drew a design into it in pencil.  Using sponge rollers and trays of poster paint we created lots of prints onto thin white paper.  The class of  7- 8 year olds came up with some brilliant designs and asked lots of interesting questions about art and design - I told them that when I was five I wanted to become an astronaut but eventually changed my mind about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment