Blog Archive

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Royal Academy Summer Exhibition - its a no from the judges.

The postman has just delivered a really thin letter from the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition - immediately I knew it was a no from the judges. I will try again next year though - 
On the upside (and believe me there always has to be several of them!) when I went to London to submit my print to the Academy I went to the Liberty Print Department with my good friend Geraldine and treated myself to this exquisite original small japanese woodblock print by Tanaka Yoshinosuke dated 1928. I love it! I would like to know more about this artist and his inspiring work. Liberty has lots of prints by Yoshinosuke in their department - perhaps I will go in and get another when I am in London to collect my print from the academy- better start saving up now!

1 comment:

  1. unlucky Laura, glad you aren't to down hearted, but you are producing some great work and I'm sure the best is still to come.

    ReplyDelete