Blog Archive

Sunday 3 June 2012

Black Birch

This is a new print called "black birch" that I have produced in two colours (silver and black speedball water based ink) on Japanese paper for the Staffordshire University Arts, Media and Design Faculty Mini Print Exhibition. At first I thought it would be three colours but I wanted the new challenge of not working with any colour and just experimenting with texture and form created by carving cross hatches in different directions. 

The exhibition is inspired by the 8th British International Mini Print Exhibition  http://www.8thminiprint.com/  and is open to staff and students who work in my faculty. All print mediums are accepted but the work must be either 8 x 8, 10 x 10 or 12 x 12 cms to fit into the recessed box frame format. I will be hanging the show on monday 11th and will be accepting submissions until the 12th June.

No comments:

Post a Comment