Blog Archive

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Printing onto fabric

I am officially off the kitchen table for a bit! Today I booked another 3 hour silk screening session at the Bluecoat
Liverpool, inspired by the course I have been attending. I printed some test swatches on a variety of fabrics -
Cotton, Bamboo and Silk using
red acrylic mixed with fabric medium -its a direction I can see my work heading in the future.
Next I coated a screen with photo emulsion. When that had dried I placed a couple of b&w acetate photocopied drawings onto the exposure unit underneath the screen and then set the exposure for 11- it worked and I managed to proof a small print!
silk screen printing is a process with a multitude of possibilities and I am keen to try more when my schedule allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment