Blog Archive

Thursday 11 October 2012

Silkscreen printing at Bluecoat Liverpool

Session three of a four week evening course.
(Keen as mustard) I prepared my screen, then mixed acrylic paint with 50% PVA glue. I registered the print using an acetate sheet underneath the silk screen.

Using a squeegee I flooded the screen with ink and then I pulled some prints. Experimented with a selection of papers and even fabric. We were also shown a peppering technique which involved dusting the acetate with baby powder which created a speckled texture.
Returned home covered in acrylic paint but really enjoyed the session and cannot wait for session 4!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! If you don't mind me asking, was the mixing of the paint with PVA to create a more printing ink like texture? I've just bought some printing medium for acrylics, I didn't know PVA could be used!

    ReplyDelete